Photo Competition Terms
Terms & Conditions
- The Wexas Travel Photography Competition ("the Photography Competition") is operated by Wexas Travel (referred to as "we" and "our" from this point on).
- The Competition is open to adults aged 18 or over only, excluding employees of Wexas Travel, The Royal Photographic Society, the IoD, British Airways, Golden Eagle Luxury Trains, Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA, Radisson Blu, Lyngen Lodge or their family members.
- The Photography Competition categories are People & Culture (01 May-30 June 2013), Landscapes (01 July-30 September 2013) and Wildlife (01 October-31 December 2013). You can enter a maximum of three photographs per category and photos need to be taken outside of the UK.
- Entries must be submitted within the category period and before midnight on the individual category closing dates listed in clause 3. The winner of the People & Culture category will be judged by Robin Hanbury-Tenison; the Landscapes category by Steve Watkins and Colin Prior; and the Wildlife category by Jonathan and Angie Scott. A grand prize will be awarded to an overall winner across the categories - this will be judged by the President of the Royal Photographic Society and the Editor of Traveller magazine. The winner of each category will be notified by the 15th day of the month following the closing date for that category; the winner of the grand prize by the end of January 2014. All winners will be announced in Traveller magazine as well as by email and on the web site. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All entries must be made personally.
- We reserve the right to upload or not upload any image and to remove any image uploaded without giving reasons for the decision.
- By entering, the entrant agrees that:
- They have personally taken the images uploaded.
- They are the sole owner and copyright holder of the images.
- Entered photos may be reproduced free of charge in our promotional material, including but not limited to Wexas brochures, Traveller magazine, Wexas websites and social media pages.
- Copyright of entered photos remains with the photographer in its entirety. However, the photographer grants Wexas non-exclusive rights to free reproduction of photographs entered for up to three years, on the condition reproductions acknowledge the photographer and their association with the Photography Competition.
- Entries not adhering to the stated criteria will be deemed unsuitable and disqualified. If this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the winner will be disqualified and the prize, or the equivalent value, returned by the entrant.
- Photos that have previously won photo competitions may not be entered. This is a competition for amateur photographers and professional photographers are excluded, being defined as any entrant whose primary source of income is from photography.
- Our decision in all matters is final and binding.
- For any questions about the Photography Competition, please e-mail email@example.com with 'Photography Competition' in the subject line. We will endeavour to respond to your question as quickly as possible within regular working hours.
- Entering the Competition signifies acceptance of all the stated terms and conditions.
The competition is organised by: Wexas Ltd, Knightsbridge, London SW3 1DE
- You may make minor digital adjustments to the image, however it must be a faithful representation of the original scene.
- Each entrant's approved images will be shown on our website together with the image captions. We reserve the right to amend the captions and/or associated descriptions.
- Extra diligence is required when taking photographs of people, especially in relation to children. It is the photographer's responsibility to seek permission from the subject or the parent where applicable. Wexas reserves the right not to display photographs deemed sensitive in nature.
- The winner of each category, as determined by the judges, will receive an Olympus E-PL5 camera.
- The overall winner of the grand prize, as determined by the judges, will receive two tickets on the luxury Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express, including flights. The overall runner-up will receive a tailor-made holiday to Norway, including a Northern Lights photography course.
- The grand prize includes flights to Moscow, returning from Vladivostok, and the tickets on the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express are in Silver Class. The runner-up prize includes a 2 night stay in Tromsø at the Radisson Blu and a 2 night stay at Lyngen Lodge on the upper edge of Lyngen Ford, including full board and a Northern Lights photography course. Transfers between hotels and all flights including airport and departure taxes are included.
- Travel dates are subject to certain restrictions, such as, but not limited to, availability and black out dates.
- Travel insurance, visa costs, personal spending money, and items not explicitly mentioned in the prize description are not included.
- The winning photographs from each category will be printed in Traveller magazine. All winners and the overall runner-up will also receive a one year free membership of The Royal Photographic Society and the special interest group most relevant to their category.
- Prizes are not transferrable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of non-availability of the original prize.
- The prizes and all elements included within them are subject to availability.
- Travel must be completed within 12 months of the prize being awarded.
- All travel is subject to the terms and conditions of Wexas Travel, a copy of these can be obtained by calling Wexas on 020 7590 0610.
- The prize winners must hold valid passports which allow entry to Norway and Russia and are responsible for obtaining any necessary visas. The grand prize and runner-up prize includes flights from a London (UK) airport only and therefore may only be redeemed by virtue of flying from the UK.
- If any winners of the individual categories live outside of the UK we reserve the right to request that they pay for delivery of the camera prize (including any taxes) to their respective country.